Rakuten Sports is a product of Rakuten Asia Pte. Ltd., based in Singapore (“Rakuten”, “We”, “Our” and/or “Us”).Rakuten Sports is an international sports live streaming, video-on-demand, and fan engagement platform. Rakuten Asia is part of the Rakuten Group, with its headquarters Rakuten, Inc., based in Tokyo, Japan (“Rakuten Group”). More information about the Rakuten Group is available at https://global.rakuten.com/corp/about/company.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that websites often store on computer hard drives or mobile devices of visitors. Cookies are used to recognize visitors, enhance your user experience, personalize users' experience if you return to the sites, deliver and tailor marketing and advertising, and generally to improve the sites and the services provided.
2. WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DOES RAKUTEN USE?
Strictly necessary cookies:
Our website uses first party cookies (i.e. cookies set directly by us to your device) that are strictly necessary.
These are essential cookies that let you move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, certain services you have asked for cannot be provided. You cannot object to these cookies as otherwise the service cannot be provided.
Cookies to improve your user experience:
Our sites use first party cookies as well as cookies served by third parties and can be used to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third party cookies are most commonly used for website analytics or advertising purposes. Some of the cookies only remain on your device while your browser is open (these cookies are known as 'session cookies'), while others remain for longer periods (these are known as 'permanent cookies').
You can find information about advertising cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them here.
3. HOW IS RAKUTEN USING COOKIES?
The table below describes what cookies are used for on Our sites. The cookies that We use may change from time to time as Our sites evolve; However, they generally fall into the below categories of use:
|Category of Use||Description|
Provision of Services:
Please find below a table describing some of the third-party cookies on Our sites (the “Table”). You may obtain information on these third parties’ policies and practices, and in some instances opt-out of certain activities by following the link in the table.
|Cookie Name||Service||Purpose||Expiration||Opt Out|
|__utma; GAPS; LSID||Login Functionality||2 years||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|zendesk_session; _zendesk_shared_session; _help_center_session||Zendesk||Customer Support||Session||https://www.zendesk.com/company/customers-partners/cookie-policy/|
|_ga||Google Analytics||Analytics and Performance||2 years||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
4. DOES RAKUTEN RESPOND TO `DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS`?
Rakuten does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
5. WHAT TO DO IF YOU DO NOT WANT COOKIES TO BE SET OR WANT THEM TO BE REMOVED?
The following are instructions to configure your browser depending on the type of browser used:
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, in the Settings menu option, select Privacy & Security.
- If you use Mozilla Firefox for Mac, in the Preferences menu option, select Privacy & Security.
- If you use Mozilla Firefox for Windows, in the Options menu option, select Privacy & Security.
- If you use Apple Safari, in the Preferences menu option, select Privacy.
- If you use Google Chrome for Mac, in the Preferences menu option, select Advanced, then in the Privacy and Security tab, select Site Settings, and then Cookies and Site Data.
- If you use Google Chrome for Windows, in the Settings menu option, select Advanced, then in the Privacy and Security tab, select Site Settings, and then Cookies and Site Data.
You should note that if you reject or block cookies from the sites, the sites may not function as intended. For example, We may not be able to store your preferences or login information or customize the content to your viewing habits.
Rakuten Asia Pte Ltd.
32F, 138 Market St